top of page
Dissolution of Civil Partnerships

Where a Civil Partnership has broken down irretrievably due to unreasonable behaviour, or where there has been a period of two years or more (or one year, if both parties consent to the divorce being granted), divorce proceedings can be raised in court. Dissolution proceedings can also be raised on the basis of an interim gender recognition certificate being issued to one of the parties. We can assist you in raising or defending dissolution proceedings, and can provide you with advice on any issues arising in respect of financial matters or children of the partnership.

bottom of page